So we are very, very excited about our pre-conference course lineup. It is simply awesome:
1. Full day Resuscitative TEE (Limited to 20 participants) 0830-1730
H&R2019 REGISTRANTS SHOULD RECIEVE A CODE ENABLING REGISTRATION. FOR ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT HOSPRESUSCONFERENCE@GMAIL.COM.
2. Full day Keynotable 0830-1730
3. Half day Hospitalist POCUS (Limited to 30 participants) afternoon 1330-1730
4. Half day Critical Care Procedures (Limited to 20 participants) morning 0830-1230
5 .Half day Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for MDs (Limited to 30 participants) morning 0900-1200.
Note that sadly, you have to make some choices. No way to attend it all…
So here is some info to help you make your best pick:
1. Full day Resuscitative TEE: run by none other than Felipe Teran, and featuring Andre Denault as head instructor, this is a unique opportunity for a deep dive into everything about TEE in shock/arrest as well as extensive hands-on training on shock/arrest TEE using state-of-the-art simulators. Participants will obtain an Optional Competency Assessment, providing a Workshop Certificate and a Focused TEE Competency Assessment Checklist certifying completion of 10 proctored examinations.
Limited to 20 participants. 795$USD. Note that conference registrants (minimum one day) will be prioritized for registration to this workshop, with proof of H&R2019 registration required. Remaining spots will be released to non-conference attendees on March 1st, 2019.
TEE Day PROGRAM
Keynotable Motreal Flyer
2. Full day Keynotable: the brainchild of educator extraordinaire Haney Mallemat, this course is intended for those who want to add some serious game to their presentations and didactic teaching. Sharing tips and pearls that have made him unquestionably one of the best docs to man the stage and podium, this is a rare opportunity not only to leave run-of-the-mill powerpoints behind, but also to enhance your future audience’s learning and become a master presenter.
Registration 495$USD physicians, 375$USD trainees and other health care professionals. Register at http://www.keynotable.net or email email@example.com.
More details here.
3. Half-Day Hospitalist POCUS: Learn absolutely necessary skills for the day-to-day management of your hospitalized patients. It doesn’t matter how good a clinician you are, with ultrasound you will be a better one. Learn from a world-class clinician faculty how to assess the IVC for a number of clinical scenarios, how to assess lungs, do basic cardiac views, diagnose or rule out hydronephrosis, and safely tap ascites or pleural effusions.
Cutting edge today, standard of care tomorrow…
Faculty: Rola, Ajmo, Haycock, Baker, Olusanya
Practice on state-of-the-art simulators, normal volunteers and volunteer patients with true pathology.
Your patients need you to know this.
Limited to 30 participants so that your hands on and faculty experience is maximized. 300$CAN/250$USD
4. Half-Day Critical Care Procedures: If you are not already familiar with these key procedures any resuscitationist should have in their pocket, don’t miss this course. We’ll go over thoracic pigtail insertion, bedside percutaneous tracheostomy and emergency surgical airway, using manikins and natural simulators. Plenty of practice, until you’re comfortable with the techniques. By the end of this activity, participants should be able to independently insert pigtail catheters and perform an emergency surgical airway, and be able to perform a percutaneous tracheostomy with the backup and supervision of an experienced operator.
Faculty: Ajmo, Farkas, Tremblay
Limited to only 20 participants, so don’t wait too long! 300$CAN / 250$USD
5. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for MDs: Nope, you didn’t accidentally click on a link. This is part of the pre-conference day. What does it have to do with medicine? A lot. With life? Everything. If you’re already got mad mat skills, come join us for a couple hours of fun. If not, treat yourself to an introduction into a martial art, a sport and even a lifestyle that cultivates physical and mental health like no others. The rest of the conference will change your practice, but this workshop might change your life.
Faculty: Spiegel, Rola, and some guest stars!
No experience necessary, only interest and enthusiasm.
It’s a bit too early to be sure who, but expect to have some interesting surprises as to who your instructors might be…
…oh, and acute care docs should find something in the words of Rickson Gracie, one of the legends of jiu-jitsu:
Limited to 30 participants, registration fee TBA, and will open on november 1st. You can reserve your spot in the meantime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
So we are really looking forward to these courses. It’s a great opportunity to pick up some important skills and have plenty of time with some awesome instructors, all of whom are hoping to share as much clinical knowledge as possible.
Mark your calendars! Please email email@example.com with any questions!
Hope to see you there!
The H&R Scientific Committee – St-Arnaud / Zambrana / Rola